Menu

Cute Serimuka



We called it Putri Salad... the Malaysian called it Talam Serimuka... dont ask me why singaporean called it Putri Salad lol... maybe cos its pretty and look like putri (princess) and salad... hmmm probably cos its green like salad? hehee.. taste wise of this kuih is alright... not as rich as my best friend's recipe... tks Tiara and dont worry i wont gv away ur secret recipe ok... a promise is a promise...

Anyway i got this recipe fm My Resipi... thought i gv this one a try cos for a change u can steam it using small molds and not in a 10 - 12" round pan which i usually wud hv use...

Ingredients
5 tbsp flour
1 tbsp corn flour
2 eggs (whisk lightly)
2 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
5 tbsp sugar
salt, vanilla essence and green colouring

1 cup glutinous rice wash and soak with 1 cup of thin coconut milk and a little salt and let it soak for 30mins
Small molds (i use silicon muffin tray... bad choice! u are better of using tin or plastic molds)

Method
Heat steamer..
Prepare bottom layer first.
Add 1/2 tbsp of glutinous rice making sure thin coconut milk cover the top of ur glutinous rice. Steam it for approximately 10 mins

Prepare top layer..
Mix flour, corn flour, coconut milk and eggs making sure theres no lumps... u can sieve it first before adding sugar, salt, essence and green colour

Cook mixture over low fire till mixture half thickened.. abt 10mins or so making sure u stir all the time to prevent mixture fm becoming lumpy.

Add mixture onto bottom layer and steam it for another 30 mins...


I must hv love this heart shape molds that i didnt even realised i've been using it constantly! hahahaaa

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..