Menu

Chocolate Banana Cake



I know i said i probably will not be baking today but typical Rima... she just cant sit still.. how to when my banana keep on calling out for me to bake em hahaha... so ok this is another banana cake recipe... gv it a go cos its moist, its light and most of all its yummyyy.. recipe fm Nor67 of MR

Ingredients
250g butter (i used unsalted butter n add 1/4 tsp salt to my flour)
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups self raising flour
5 grade A eggs
1 cup mashed banana
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
1 tsp essence vanila
150gm cooking chocolate - shave cooking chocolate using potato peeler



Method
1. Preheated oven 180C... greased and flour 9x9 pan
2. Sieve flour (if u dont hv self raising flour u may use all purpose flour with 1 tsp of baking powder. I add 1/4 tsp of salt to my flour
3. Add soda bicarbonate to mash bananas
4. Using stand mixer, beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy
5. Add egg one at a time (1 min each) and continue to beat till well incorporated.
6. Add in vanilla and mashed banana and continue to beat on low speed.
7. Fold in flour (be careful not to overmix)
8. Add shaving chocolate
9. Bake at 180C for 45mins.



NOTE: This banana cake is best serve right after its been bake... crispy on the outside..while chocolate is still warm..

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..