Menu

Kaya Swiss Roll



Tsk tsk... i think today God is testing my patience with my super duper Sonia! thank goodness i am not fasting! grrrrrrrr... even the simplest kind of cake to bake didnt wanna cooperate with me today...i had to throw away the first batch of batter cos for some reason.. somehow my egg mixture didnt even wanna turn thick and fluffy... argghhhhhhh

So ok i am gonna keep it short today... Sonia is fussy and been sticking to me like a leech! recipe fm mamafami blog

Ingredients
3 large eggs
55g castor sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tbsp ovalette
43g all purpose flour
1/2 tbsp milk powder
56g melted butter

Filling
Buttercream (i used kaya)



Method
1. Place eggs, sugar, baking flour, flour, vanilla and ovalette in a mixing bowl.
2. Beat on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Fold in the melted butter. Mix well.
4. Spread the batter onto the tray layered with greaseproof paper.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 20 minutes.
6. Once baked, remove the cake from the tray onto a wire rack. Let it cool.
7. Turn the cake onto another piece of paper and spread the buttercream.
8. Slowly and carefully, roll the cake. Wrap in a clingfilm and keep in the refrigerator for the buttercream to set before slicing it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..