Menu

Chocolate Sour Cream Cake

This is rich in flavor
delicious and moist
So,
if you are watching your weight,
and arteries...
dont make it.
Or be like me,
and take a small portion.
Or use fat free or lite sour cream..
Less guilt.. less worry.. hehehe



Ingredients - 18cm pan (I used 6x9")
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup Castor sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
a pinch of salt
1/2 cup sour cream (I used lite sour cream)
1 tsp vanilla essence
80g chocolate chips
2 eggs
11/2 cups plain flour (i used cake flour)

Chocolate syrup
1/4 brown sugar
30g semi sweet baking chocolate
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
2 tbsp fresh milk



Method
Beat butter with white and brown sugar till creamy.
Add eggs one at a time.
Add flour a little at a time which has been sifted together with baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Mix well.
Add in the sour cream and vanilla essence.
Add in chocolate chips and stir well.(I used rubber spatula to stir).
Double boiled the chocolate syrup ingredients.
Add 1/2 mixture into tray followed by 1/2 mixture of chocolate syrup. Repeat the process till finish and bake in a pre heat oven at 180C for 55-60 minutes. (I bake mine at 175C at 35mins)




Source: Curlybabe satisfaction.. original recipe fm Jamie of MR

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..