Menu

Rich Marble Chocolate Cake





Bloggers always seem to have a story to tell. There's always something to tell, to share and to write about. But today is an exception for me.... I'm not in the mood to tell a story.. blaahhh.. lazy plus the excellent weather makes me wanna just chill with my family...








Marble cake has always been my all time favorite! There are tons of recipes that I have tried and when I saw this recipe going around among food bloggers.. I just got to gv this recipe a try.. This recipe is simple and easy and it produces a rich chocolaty butter cake... just make sure u use good butter and dark chocolate and I am pretty sure ur cake will turn out just fine...


I doubled the recipe and baked it in a 7" round pan and 6x9" pan.. gave mom one of the cakes and will let hb take to work tmrw to be shared...








Ingredients
125g butter (i used SCS unsalted butter and added 1/8 tsp of salt)
125g sugar
125g melted dark chocolate (i used 70% valrhona)
155g self raising flour
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
80ml evaporated milk or fresh milk


Method
Melt dark chocolate and let it cool (micro or use double boiler method)
Cream butter, sugar and salt till creamy
Add egg one at a time and continue to beat till well blended
Add vanilla extract
Add in flour alternating with fresh milk.. (flour-milk-flour-milk-flour)
Divide batter into two parts and add melted chocolate into one..
Pour batter alternately and make a swirl using chopstick or butter knife
Bake in a preheated oven of 170C for 45 mins






Source: Ayu .. original recipe fm Shiela Mambo

9 comments:

Ayu said...

salam Rima,
quite sometimes didnt drop by here..
been busy, with the kids exams..ni pun malam2 baru dapat ronda2..wanted to wish you Happy Mother's day, sekali nampak kek marble ni pulak..hehe..good to hear you had a great mum's day yesterday!...
so you also like the cake ya..hehe ..my girl pun suka sangat, sampai suruh buat lagi..

just checking your son Hairi is in which camp?...mana tahu sama dgn my hubby, in selarang camp.

Rima said...

Happy Mothers day to u too dear! i

Budak kalau musim exam.. kita pun macam nak demam... nak buat ape ape pun no mood... for now i am all good.. nanti lah bila si Sonia dah start school akan ku suruh papa nye yang ajar dia kah kah kah

Hairi is in Amoy Quee Camp kat AMK tu.. ur hb is a full time officer kat Selarang camp ke??

Ayu said...

Oh, Amoy Quee Camp..lainlah..kalau gitu, bukan apa he looks familiar..

Yes my hb, is a regular in the army..he takes charge transport on the east side camps..
ingatkan your son sama camp, he can look out for him..hehe..kalau AMK camp is under North so under different CO lah.. so he is in which unit?..Artillery?

Rima said...

Hairi is 2nd SIR ... Makin kurus my son but ah he thinks he looks macho hahaha tak habis habis show off muscle dia yg tak macam muscle too kat mama dia hehehe

nahiella said...

My best friend thot I had bought the cake from the bakery!! She couldn't believe that I had baked something so tasty! Tq for sharing.

Rima said...

Glad to hear that nahiella.. well done and ty for trying!

Anonymous said...

Hi Rima...

I discover ur blog I terus fall in love today I try to bake ur sinful rich chocolate marble cake....enjoin...I hope jadi lah....

Pls keep us posted...just love ur cake pics....take care...Sally frm KL

Rima said...

Hi Sally
Ty for coming to his humble blog of mine.. glad to hear that ur baking this cake.. how did it go??

Happy baking dear!

Sally said...

Aaarrgggghhhhh.....sinfullll....I gain 4kg for this....my princess love it, n she bwk bekal pergi sekolah n share with her friend.....awesome....nxt project is suji cake n macaroon....

Thks Rima semoga Allah balas jasa baik u nie....

Keep on baking....:-) - Sally

About Me

My photo
Hi.. I am a SAHM to 2 kiddoes..19yr old boy n 2 year old girl.. met my Austrian hubby here in Singapore and hv been living here all my life... my love for baking started when i was 6mths preggie to my daughter, Sonia... my addiction to baking has not stop eversince.. I hope to learn as much as i can abt baking and decorating and then share it with u along the way..